1 Cup butter, softened
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbls grated lemon peel
2 Tbls grated orange peel
3 Cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbls orange juice
2 Tbls lemon juice
1 pounds carrots, grated
1 Cup raisins
1 Cup chopped pecans
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1.5 - 2 Cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 Cup chopped pecans
Adapted from: Don't remember where I got this recipe.
- Take the one-pound of carrots and grate them. I then like to run them through the
food processor to make the shavings smaller.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time; beating after each addition.
- Beat in lemon and orange zests.
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to butter mixture.
- Slowly add in juices, combinning thoroughly.
- Mix in carrots, raisens, and pecans.
- Pour into greased and floured 10" bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes before removing from pan.
- Mix together chream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Frost cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped pecans.