1 Cup corn syrup (may subsistute 2/3 C Maple Syrup)
1 Cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
3 large eggs
1 Stick (8 Tbls) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Cups shelled pecan
1 unbaked pie crust
Adapted from: This is an original recipe based on ideas from many other.
- Place unbaked pie crust into 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Stir together corn syrup (or maple syrup), brown sugar,
salt, cloves, allspice, cinnamon. Stir together well in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, melted butter, and eggs.
- Pour egg mixture into syrup/sugar mixture and combine well.
- Stir in pecans. I like to pulse about half of the pecans in a food processor
- Pour entire mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Lower temperture to 350 degrees,
and put pie, covered with foil, in the center of the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for about another 30 minutes or until the outer edges are set
and the middle is a bit jiggly. The custard will set as it cools on a baking rack.
- OPTIONAL: lightly sprinkle sea salt or kosher salt for added flavor.