Captian Crunch™ French Toast Casserole
1 Large loaf French Bread. I make my own in my bread machine for best results.
2 C Milk
1 C Heavy cream or Half and Half
3/4 C Brown sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 Tbls pure vanilla
7 C Original Captain Crunch™ cerial
- Cut french break loaf into bite sized cubes.
- Mix bread cubes and cerial in a large bowl so that they are evenly distributed.
The origial recipe says to line the dish with cerial, then bread cubes, alternating until full. I prefer to just mix the bread and cerial together and dump.
- Hold back about a cup or so of cerial for the topping.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Pour evenly over the bread/cerial mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. You will want to let this stand until the egg mixture is
absorbed by the bread mixture. It is suggested overnight but an hour or two is sufficient.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 45-50 minutes.
This is not a quick recipe. It requires quite a bit of planning ahead of time. It is, however well
received during special occasions like Christmas or New Years breakfast when the family all comes home.