Overnight Pecan French Toast
3/4 cup whole milk
3/4 cup heavy cream
6-8 large eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 loaf French bread, cut into 8 slices
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl combine the milk, cream, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Arrange sliced bread in a large bowl. Pour the custard mixture over the bread. Allow to soak.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the Pecan mixture in a small sauce pan. Melt butter, whisk in brown sugar, corn syrup, maple syrupp, and pecans.
- Spread the pecan mixture in the bottom of a e QT casserole dish. Arrange soaked bread on top of mixture and bake
for 35 minutes.