2 tsp olive oil
1 Lbs ground beef
1/2 cup onion, finely diced.
1 packet taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded cheese of choice
4 cups Dorito™ chips
1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
sour cream, cilantro and other taco toppings for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven t o375 dgrees. Grease 2-3 quart baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the beef and cook for 4-5 minutes or until just browned, breaking up the meat.
- Add the onion and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and red salsa. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Lightly crush the Doritos. Spread about 1/3 of the chips over the bottom of the pan. Place 1/2 the meat mixture over the chips, and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat layering ending with cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 1-015 minutes.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, lettus, and other taco fixings.