Spicey Sriracha Green Beans
1 Lb fresh or frozen green beens, cleaned and trimmed if fresh
2 Tbls low sodium soy sauce
2 Tbls Sweet chili paste/sauce
1 Tbls Sriracha Sauce
1 Tbls Sesame oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1-2 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and Sriracha. Adjust the Sriracha sauce for your preferred lavel of heat.
- Fill a large pan with water. Boil. Blanch beans about 3 minutes.
- Drain beans and add beans to an ice-water bath to stop cooking process.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add your sesame oil to the pan. Sauté minced garlic for 30 seconds, or until fragrant and
- Return your green beans to the pan. Mix well to coat the green beans with the oil and garlic.
- Add your sauce and allow to simmer for a couple minutes, uncovered, to thicken the sauce. Stir occationally to keep beans coated in sauce.