Greek Style Peas-Arakas Latheros
1 pound peas (fresh or frozen)
1 onion diced
2 carrots sliced
1 potato cut in bite size pieces
2 medium grated tomatoes or 10-12 ounce can of chopped tomatoes
1/3 cup olive oil
2-3 tablespoons chopped dill
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized pot.
- Saute onions until soft. Add carrots and potatoes and sauste 3-4 minutes.
- Add peas and heat through. Mix until peas are covered in olive oil.
- Add tomato, dill, pepper, and 1/2 tsp salt. Pour in just enough water to cover the peas.
- Mix well and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, until peas are soft or water is gone.
- Serve at room temperature with feta and bread.