Three Meat Crockpot Coyboy Beans
1 20oz bag Hurst's 15 Bean soup dried beans
6 cups water
1 large onion
1 lb ground beef
1 lb bacon
2 lbs smoked sausage
1/2 Cup BBQ sauce
1 cup Katchupu
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 Tbls spicy brown mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Add beans witrh seasoning packet and water to a large crockpot then cook for 4-6 hours on high or until beans are tender.
- Cook the onions with ground beef until feef is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Cut backon into small strips then cook until crispy and browned. Remove bacon from pan drippings and set aside.
- Cut smoked sausage into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Ladle out any exess liquids from the beans. Set liquids aside incase it is needed later.
- Add meats and remaining ingredients to the beans. Gentley stir to combine.
- Add reserve liquid afrom cooking the beans, 1/2 cup at a time, if needed to ensure the contents of the crockpot have a nice thck sauce. You don't want them to be runny.
- Continue cooking for 1-2 hours more on high, or until sausage is heated through and everything is hot.