1 pound ground beef
1 cup chopped onions
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 cup taco sauce
16oz can refried black beans
6 10-inch tortillas
3/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican Blend or Cheddar are good choices)
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef until thoroughly cooked through; drain.
- Add in the onion, garlic, chili powder and refried beans. Continue to cook and stir until warmed through. Add taco sauce to the beef and bean mixture and stir to combine. Cook to warm through.
- Spread about 2/3 cups of the mixture near the bottom of a large tortilla. Add cheese, and a dollup of sour cream.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla over the filling. Fold in the sides to create a pocket. Continue to roll from the bottom enclosing the filling.
- If you want to serve warmed and crisped, brush lightly with some cooking oil, bake in oven at 375 dgrees for about 14 minutes, turning once. I think next time I will leave them as soft burritos.
- Top with fixings like: queso, chili con carne, shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions or green onions, etc.