15 oz Can corn, drained
3 Tbls Mayonaise
1 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
Pinch of black pepper to taste
1/4 Medium sized onion, finely chopped
Pinch red pepper flakes to taste
1 Tbls butter
1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
I multiplied this recipe by four times for a full 9x13 pan. Maybe I could get away with by three times but we were having guests. Even so, just a pinch of red pepper flakes was enough to
give the recipe a bite without being too hot for those sensitive to spice.
- Combine corn, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in the 9x13 casserole.
- In a skillet or ohter pan, melt the butter and add the onion. Saute the onions until tender.
- Add onion/butter to casserole dish and mix well.
- Add mozzarella cheese to the corn mixture and mix well. Try to evenly distribute cheese.
- Add a bit of mozzarella cheese and maybe some parmesan cheese to the top. Sprinkly with a little Italian Seasoning if you like
- Place in 375 degree oven, covered with foil, and cook for about 45 minutes. You may take the top off the last 10 to 15 minutes to let the cheese brown.
- Serve hot.